In September (I know I am a slacker) Jason was gone for 9 days on his bow hunt up by Flaming Gorge. We really missed him! He loves hunting and like everything else he puts 100% of his effort into it! He scouted a lot this summer and placed camera's up where he would be hunting and had pictures of lots of big elk and also a lot of bears too. The second to last day of his hunt I get this text from Jason:
After 7 days, 77 miles of hiking, 5300 ft in elevation change, 3 bear invasions at camp, 7 close calls with awesome bulls but no cigar - shot a spike last night! Here is a picture.
He was with some good friends that love hunting just as much as he does! Thanks honey for providing us with some good meat! We are always glad when you come home safely!
Here are a few pictures that he got this summer:

He was kind of hoping for an elk more like one of these but by the end of the trip he decided to stop being picky and just "bring home the bacon" or elk in this case. He worked way hard for it!!!
4 comments:
I have to say, you are a very good wife. I'm glad Matt's hobbie usually keeps him at home on the couch. ;)
that's awesome! I can't wait to show Nate. I know he'll love these pictures. You are a very good wife it is hard to have them gone when their hunting..
It was great talking with you. You are such a great friend!
WOW! I'm not a hunter, but it looks impressive to me!
Those are great pictures! And I agree with everyone else, you are a good wife! :)
Post a Comment