Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Megan is here!!!

Hey Everyone! Our baby girl is here! Megan Elisa Gatherum was born Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 10:26 a.m. She weighed 3 lbs and 6 oz and was 16 1/2 inches long. She was still breech and the Dr. tried to do a version (where he turns the baby) but it was unsuccessful, so I had a c-section. For me it was definitely a harder recovery, but I am doing a lot better now. She has been such a fighter. She went to the NICU and never needed oxygen. She eats so well and we are so glad to have her here and so thankful that she is ours. She came home on Friday and it has been so nice. The nights are rough, but are getting a little better. We have to wake her up every three hours to eat because she is still small. When she was discharged from the hospital she weighed 3 lbs 11 oz, so she is growing. :0) We love her so much and Connor adores her. He is always asking, "where's Meg or where's sister" it is really fun! Our family feels more complete with her here. We are SOOO thankful that everything went so well. We really expected her to be in the NICU longer.
Here are a couple pictures. I think she looks like Jason.
Connor visiting Mom at the hospital.

Getting ready to go home...

12 comments:

Jen T said...

She is darling! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well for you guys. I can't wait to see her in person.

Mandi said...

She is beautiful. Congrats, glad she is home!

ChicChat said...

She is so cute and you look beautiful. I'm so glad the "bed rest" paid off to get her here safe and sound. Love ya, sis!
Camille

Janette said...

Oh she is so cute and I am glad that she is home already. Congrats!

Stephanie said...

I CANNOT believe how little she is! That is awesome that you got to take her home so soon. You might not grow them all 9 months but you sure grow em cute!

Heidi Jensen said...

Oh Elisa! She is so beautiful! I am so happy that everything went so good. I am so happy for you! I want to come see you. Right now we all have colds but when we are better, I am coming down. (if that is alright with you! :0)

EMILEE said...

WHAT A CUTIE, WE ARE SO GLAD SHE IS DOING WELL,I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER IN PERSON, THATS NEAT THAT YOU AND MIKE'S BABYS ARE SO CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER, TAKE CARE..

jamaud said...

I am so glad that things are going as well as they are. It's such a blessing to be able to take such precious little angels home. I can relate to every 3 hours...it isn't easy. Enjoy every minute! Audrey

Andrus Family said...

Oh Elisa, she is so cute and tiny. Glad everything is going okay and I can't wait to meet her!

The Ceder House's said...

Oh my how teeny tiny and adorable! I don't know how I missed this post- I swear I have been checking back all the time! I love the name:) I am SO glad you guys are home and that everything went ok. I hope recovery goes quick for you! keep us posted!

John and Erin said...

Wow Elisa... I am so happy for you guys. I'm happy to hear you are both doing so well. You look fabulous even on the day you're having your baby. I need your secrets. I'm glad you're lil girl is finally here. Keep more of these pictures coming. She's a cute lil gal.

Jill said...

What a gorgeous baby! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went so well.