Friday, February 6, 2009

Ten weeks later and still on strict bed rest...

So three weeks ago during a visit to the Perinatologist to have an ultrasound on my cervix they measured the growth of our baby. My cervix was looking ok but the baby was measuring small, she was in the 13% for weight. They told me I would have to start coming in twice a week for nonstress tests and amniotic fluid index checks and they would also be checking the blood flow to the baby to make sure she is not having to compensate too much for the placental insufficiency. They said if the baby is under too much stress, if she is not growing enough or if my fluids get too low then it would be best for the baby to be born so they can intervene with extra calories and oxygen if needed. They said they would be able to tell through these tests how the baby is doing and in two weeks they would measure her growth again. So this week they measured her again and she is now in the 11% for weight. At this point they will just keep monitoring me twice a week and depending on how she is doing will determine if they have to deliver her.

Jason and both of our families fasted for us and I am so thankful!!! I am also so grateful for all the help our friends, neighbors and families have given us!!! I can't imagine what it would be like without them. Also Jason has been awesome!!! This has definitely been so stressful and I feel so lucky to have Jason to do this with. I am also so glad that I am past the most critical weeks now and on Monday I will be 30 weeks. YEAH!!! I will try to update again soon.

9 comments:

Janette said...

I am so glad to see an update. I should just call you but I keep on forgeting. I am so glad to hear you will be at 30 weeks that is great! even if you did have her early you would still be close to your due date. I hope everything continues to go ok. have you picked a name yet?

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Yeah!! that's great Elisa! I'm glad she's handing in there!

Stephanie said...

Elisa, it's so good to hear from you and get an update on the pregnancy! I don't know how you do that bedrest thing, you are one great mom!
Keep us updated and I look forward to seeing this big, pretty baby this summer :)

The Ceder House's said...

Thank you for updating. I am glad that you are almost 30 weeks! I know everyday counts- so I will be praying for you to keep on going! You are my hero- I have no idea how you do it!

Jill said...

Wow Elisa! I hope everything keeps going ok. Hang in there. Man - that bed rest would be tough. You're a great mother. Keep that baby cookin'!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Elisa- I've honestly been wondering how you were doing. Erin told me she saw you over Christmas. I'm glad you are doing OK and that you have made it to 30 weeks, she will be beautiful!

John and Erin said...

Wow Elisa. It sounds like you've been through alot with this pregnancy. I'm glad to hear you are both doing okay. We'll be praying for you. Have you read any good books lately? I need some recommendations.

Kim said...

Elisa, I am so glad to hear the updates. We are almost there. I think of you often and wish you and your family the best. Keep me updated.

EMILEE said...

HI THERE ELISA, JOSH AND I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, I WOULD LOVE TO BRING YOU LUNCH ONE DAY, YOU WILL STILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS, TAKE CARE LOVE EMILEE OLIVER