Well I am 19 weeks now and can't believe it. It seems like this pregnancy is going pretty fast. We had our ultrasound yesterday and we also had an ultrasound at 16 weeks and both times they said we are having a girl! We are so excited. Either way we would have been excited but now I know I have a boy and a girl. On the ultrasound at 16 weeks my OB found what he called an amniotic band. It was nerve racking at first because we did not know anything about it and my OB said it could cause abnormalities in the babies limbs. So of course we ran home and got on the internet. That was a mistake. He told us a couple of other things that made us think that she was probably ok, but we weren't sure. After yesterdays ultrasound with the radiologist he confirmed that the baby looked great and there was nothing to be concerned about. This was a huge relief. We are so thankful that she is going to be a healthy little baby.
After that relief was taken care of the Radiologist was looking very closely at my cervix and he said we can't see it well so we are going to have to do a vaginal ultrasound. So I was confused why he was so concerned with the size of my cervix and asked him why. He said because my first pregnancy I went into spontaneous pre-term labor that he wanted to make sure my cervix was the right length, otherwise there could be a possibility of pre-term labor again. So they checked my cervix and it is short. Normal he said is 35 mm and mine is 19 mm. He had a couple of suggestions like I will have to get a progesterone shot weekly until 36 weeks, (studies have shown this can help prevent pre-term labor), he also said weekly ultrasounds to check the length of my cervix to make sure it is not getting shorter, modified bedrest, and talked about doing a cerclage which is basically a stitch around the cervix to also help prevent a pre-term labor. So after I went to my OB's and he agreed with all of those things, but for now we are waiting on the cerclage.
Anyway, I am just so grateful that she is healthy and hope that she will stay in me until at least 37 weeks... Sorry so long.
8 comments:
That is good news Elisa. I'm sure everything will be fine! Hang in there, i'm excited to see what your little girl will look like
I am so glad that things are looking better. Yeah- that was a big mistake we made to "research" on the internet on our own when we thought something was wrong- I worried like crazy. I hope everything goes great and that the things he recommended will help. Keep us posted!
Elisa that is gooid the baby is doing well but I'm sorry you have to have the cerclage (I think I spelled that wrong). Well at least they are on top of everything and you will know that the baby is safe.
I'm glad the baby is doing well. Good thing the doctors are aware of everything. I'm sure everything will be fine. A little girl?!! How fun!
wow, I am glad that she is okay. I am so grateful for the knowledge and ultrasounds that can detect things like that. Hopefully your pregnancy will continue to stay normal. I am so excited about this little girl too. She will be beautiful!!(of course) I am also glad your pregnancy feels like it is going fast. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
We're happy everything is looking good. That's great you are having a girl! I bet Doug and Cindy are way excited. We'll see you in a couple weeks!
How fun! I'm excited you guys are going to have a girl. And glad to hear she is healthy. You're just too little those babies can't stay in there!
Oh my! I am glad they are taking precautions! Sorry you have to go through all of that! I will call you soon I want to talk to you about it. I think when you are pregnant though you just don't care what you have to go through you just do anything to get your baby here safe and make sure they are healthy. Talk to you soon!
Ash
Post a Comment